SOHO in Ottakring is an independent, organized-by-artists art-festival in the 16th Viennese district, Ottakring. Due to the areas multicultural and multiethnic population it sets a strong focus on the issues of migration, integration and participation.
From 2002 to 2011 I have been responsible for the design of the festival’s website. In the beginning it was more or less a simple listing of all projects, events and artists. Due to the festivals comprehensive program and its general emphasis on issues of participation and integration I began to develop a content-management-system together with other programmers. This CMS allowed every single participant to document projects, announce events and set up new projects with any other festival participants.
- SOHO in Ottakring 2002 – “füchtig daheim”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2003 – “Welten sichten”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2004 – “Alianzenbildung”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2005
- SOHO in Ottakring 2006 – “under construction! ACHTUNG Baustelle!”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2007 – “Alles wird schön!”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2008 – “What´s up? Was ist hier wirklich los?”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2009 – “Arbeiten oder nicht arbeiten”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2010 – “Kick the Habit! / Pfeiff drauf! – Ventil Rassismus”
- SOHO in Ottakring 2011 – “SOHO in Ottakring reloaded” (shift to a biennial arts festival)